Thursday 2 January 2014

Time to get this show on the road!!!

Well, it's happening!

Crazy or not, starting out on 30th June 2014, I will be traversing the length of Great Britain from the most north easterly point at Dunscaby Head, near John O'Groats, Caithness in Scotland, to the most south westerly point at Lands End, near Sennen, Cornwall... and I'll be on foot.

My route is about 1,127.5 miles long. It will carve it's way through the mountains and glens of the Highlands of Scotland, across the mountains, fells and dales of northern England, the mountains and valleys of Wales, and the rolling hills, moors and coastline of the south west of England.

We had a few setbacks in the early planning stages, but even my original walking partner dropping out and suffering a bit of a health scare couldn't hold me back!

So this blog well on the way to being fully designed... have a look around as I've tried to put as much information as I can up on here... and I have the fundraising webpage set up for any of you lovely people to make donations on.

So now it's back to the long distance path chart and some old OS maps... time to take my route planning to the next level.

All the best,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment